Indi-Spence-able

The one-stop shop to see an actors growth from the moderately insane to stardom.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Working Actor's Lament (Chapter 72)

Motivation Is A Funny Thing

If there is one thing I have learned about myself over the years it is this: I have a hard time keeping a diary, let alone an 'online' one. Since this is about my acting career, I find it hard to write every day about something I have done with regards to acting (and that seems like a bad thing, right?).

Sure, I update my official website when good things happen; the web series I am in is up for many different awards, I just started figuring out our new camera so I can start shooting shorts for YouTube. But why is it so hard to write a small, little, insignificant blog about it? I keep coming up with the same answer - I don't know.

Am I truly 'driven'? Was my last blog complete compost? Well, I plan to prove that it was not.

Today, there was an article in the Actor's Ink Emag for Actors from Now Casting from Conrad Angel Corral titled "From the Trenches" where he wrote about his experience at a recent audition. I loved the idea and I think I am going to steal it for this blog here (sorry, Conrad, but at least I gave you props).

He included factual data (project, location, role, was he called back, did he book, shoot date), as well as how he felt in general from when he walked in the door until he was in his car heading home, and what he had learned from this particular audition. But why only do it for auditions?

Why not when you meet with your agent, or a CD at a workshop, or a fellow actor at a function? This is what I am planning, to document any and all industry functions, no matter how big and grandiose or small and mundane. Please stay in touch...this should be interesting, to say the least.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home