Indi-Spence-able

The one-stop shop to see an actors growth from the moderately insane to stardom.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

"The Office Window" Rated PG-13


I was sitting at my desk at work playing my daily Su Doku puzzle. It was a nail-biting “hard” puzzle that was not going to get the best of me. I was just about to put the number 3 into the 7/4 space when all the sudden I heard screaming from across the building. It was one of those laughing screams, like “Hey everyone, you guys have got to come over and see this” kind of screams.

By the time I got to the office where the yells were coming from, there was a crowd of people already jamming their way in. Everyone was looking East out the window and pointing to the top level of the parking structure across the street. There was a man and woman who seemed to be very close. From what I could see through the bobbing and weaving of my co-worker’s heads, the girl was hugging her partner with her legs. I had never thought of hugging my wife that way in public, but they both had smiles on their faces so I guess it must be a term of endearment in their country. I think the man was in a better hugging position because it looked like the woman kept moving around to try and get comfortable.

After about 5 minutes, she must have lost her contact because she fell out of site for a while. The guy didn’t seem to care, which made me feel sorry for the woman. He didn’t help her look for it, he just leaned up against the wall, closed his eyes and took a little nap. I think he might have been drunk, since he kept swaying back and forth while holding up the wall. The woman must have found the contact because she came back up and gave the man the “traditional” American hug (I don’t know why, he didn’t find her contact for her). I assume, while the woman was looking for her contact, she must have seen a stain on the man’s pants because the woman’s hand was out of site but moving pretty fast. I figured it was a coffee stain ‘cause those are hard to get out. Darn that Starbucks and their delicious Cafe Mocha's.

At that point I had to leave because I was supposed to be in a meeting 10 minutes prior, but I think the woman must have got the stain out the guy’s pants. For about a minute, there was a lot of cheering on the other side of the building. It put a smile on my face. I love to see when people help out other people. I just hope he helps her look for her contact next time, it’s the least he could do.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG!! That is hilarious!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home