Indi-Spence-able

The one-stop shop to see an actors growth from the moderately insane to stardom.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

An Actor's Personal Opinions of Mel

I figured since I am in the industry, some people might be looking at my blog to get an insiders point of view about how I feel about this whole "Mel" situation. Yes, I do have my opinions on the matter, and they might not be the most popular, but I am one of the few that have to stand behind this man and defend him.

Yes, he had some big shoes to fill. Sideshow Bob was popular with the kids and all, but once he started his conspiracy to kill Krusty the Klown, he lost all my respect. And who could fill those huge, villainous, homicidal shoes but Sideshow Mel, and fill them quickly. He didn't even need a huge welcome once he took over Sideshow Bob's position over a decade ago, he was just there. No need to explain the bone in the blue hair, we accept you. Just pick up that slide whistle and take me to that fun-loving land of yours.

I know there are those nay-sayers that think you should be raked across the coals for being an atheist, lactose intolerant, and marrying Barbara, Krusty the Klown's sister. But how many heed your meteorological skills from your hair-bone; or laugh when you let Krusty pour liquid nitrogen down your pants and crack your butt with a hammer; or cheered upon taking the responsibility of Jury Foreman and acquitting Mona Simpson on her sabotaging of Mr. Burns Germ Warfare lab. Although you knew it would anger Mr. Burns, you showed courage under pressure. Kudos to you, SS Mel.

I know it is not the most glamorous job...how many people would allow their boss to use them as a mop? But you are always there with a smile on your face and bone in your head.

So I say "Back off, America". Sideshow Mel has been through the ups and downs of celebrity. His show has been cancelled, forcing him to work at a taco stand, but he has persevered and took Krusty's pleas to jump back into the public spotlight. I would submit to anyone out there to take on this humiliation and still be mocked by the public.

It's not like he made racial slurs after getting a DUI from Officer Sugartits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home