Indi-Spence-able

The one-stop shop to see an actors growth from the moderately insane to stardom.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A Working Actor's Lament (Chapter 29)

I'm Official...Officially What, I Have No Idea

Robin and I have taken it upon ourselves to take headshots for actors who either (1) cannot afford the average $300 that photographers charge in Los Angeles, or (2) are tired of paying the average $300 that photographers charge in Los Angeles. Helping out those actors was the only plan when we decided to start Spence Photography. It is funny how things change.

This past weekend, we received a flyer in the mail for a production at Theatre Palisades for their new show "Buddy" that opens on August 18th. I had previously taken photos for a close friend who had produced a show there, "The Bad Seed", who wanted photos for the theater and for the cast and crew as a gift. No problem. However, I remember someone at the theater asking me if I would be interested in taking the photos for the theater for the following show, "Fatal Attraction", too. Hey, they would even pay me for my time. Then I was asked if I would be willing to take more photos for the theater for the upcoming show, "Buddy". Why not. I have had a good experience so far. Was there a pattern forming?

Looking at the flyer, I realized that I had to take the photos sometime soon and had yet to hear from anyone about when I would need to be there to snap photos. Well, that call came today. I was asked to be the "Official Photographer" of the theater. Every show for this season, and for a few seasons to come, would have the Spence Photography seal of freshness.

Season tickets, suplimental income, a one-day job every 2 months...I hope they know what they have gotten themselves into.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home