Indi-Spence-able

The one-stop shop to see an actors growth from the moderately insane to stardom.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A Working Actor's Lament (Chapter 40)

One More Step Closer To "ER"

One of my dream roles is to play a critical patient on "ER", one who is fine at the beginning of the show but you know that complications are going to set in and, with the drama going on around me, I take my last breath, making everyone realize that life is precious and we must not forget that (sniff). Or, a stuttering new intern who is battling Tourette's syndrome and needs to raid the medical supply closet to find medication that helps mask my condition before I say the wrong thing to Weaver and get kicked out of the program. I guess a corpse would be pretty cool, too.

Anywho, yesterday I got called to audition for a short film being produced by Livia Perez-Borrero (production coordinator of such films like "Three of Hearts" and "Jingle All The Way") and starring Ellen Crawford who played Lydia, the nurse, every Thursday night at 10 PM on NBC. This was it, this was my t-t-t-ticket to finally sh-sh-show someone that I w-w-w-was right for "ER"...fart turd.

The role I was reading was for "Charles - 40, good-looking, conservative, rigid, boring. Jessie's husband". After initially being upset that "stuttering" was no where in the character description, I buckled down and learned my lines. I was paired up with Melanie, who, once we walked in the door, took over the room with a story about how she just got into a car accident on her way to this audition and had to take a cab to get here so she didn't have a picture and resume on her (I have to keep that in mind for the next time I forget, too). We started, we acted, we finished, we left. Not my best work, but not my worst. One thing I was not expecting (or had ever seen in previous auditions) was the steadycam. The camera man was constantly walking around so I was trying to stay aware of where he was and where I should be facing. I shouldn't have been doing that, and I know better. They will get the shot they are looking for and work around what I am giving them. I knew this and think that I let it get to me a little.

I left the audition at 11:45 and was told that callbacks were that same day from 1 PM to 5 PM. By the time it was 2 PM, I knew my phone was not going to ring. I guess I will have to be "patient" and count the minutes till I can show my future Emmy Nominated p-p-p-performance to the people in the Room of Emergency.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home