Indi-Spence-able

The one-stop shop to see an actors growth from the moderately insane to stardom.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

A Working Actor's Lament (Chapter 44)

Would You Care For Some "Desert"?

First of all, I have to mention this because it is really cool. Robin has had a mole on her right cheek since as long as she can remember and has wanted to have it removed even longer. Since our doctor did not want to touch any moles on the face that didn't look cancerous, she decided to take it upon herself and find one that did. Well, boy, did she find one.

We pulled into Dr. Will Kirby's parking lot earlier today. For those of you who do not know Dr. Will Kirby, he is the winner of Big Brother 2 and came in 4th place on Big Brother All Stars (he was also 1/2 of 'Chill Town' with Mike Boogie). He was so funny on that show, and Robin and I were big fans of his, so Robin decided she wanted to visit him for the removal of her mole. It was really great to see him in person. He was nothing like his persona on TV, which was really nice to see. I think he was in his 'doctor' mode and has probably wanted to move on since the show. However, Robin now has a famous (depending on your idea of reality stardom) dermatologist.

You would think that would have been the big news for the day, but there is more. After we got home (it took us an hour and a half to travel 30 miles back home in rush hour traffic on the 405), I noticed I had a message on my cell phone. I called my voicemail to find out I missed a call from a woman named Beth Fromme. She told me on the phone that she was the president of the Desert Film Society in Palm Springs and that one of her staff was a screener for the Palm Springs Intl. Short Film Festival, a festival where I submitted "Lucidity" on but never got accepted. She told me the screener liked my film so much, she wrote my name and number from the label on the DVD. I called Beth back and she was very pleasant to me, saying she thought it was weird how her friend really liked my film but it was not accepted into the film festival. What great news!!! Here is the better news; she contacted me to have me send her a copy so she could watch it and possibly screen it for her film society.

I don't know if anything is going to happen with my film and this screening, but it truly makes me feel like I have made a movie that people can appreciate. At least, people that are not friends or family. I mean, my friends and family have to like it, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home