Indi-Spence-able

The one-stop shop to see an actors growth from the moderately insane to stardom.

Monday, March 19, 2007

A Working Actor's Lament (Chapter 56)

I Got Called For An Audition...Yahoo!!!!

I am sure all of you who are regulars to my blog site (sorry about the lack of blogs lately) understand my pain when I mention my agent...the same one who has not been sending me out unless you count the extra and hosting gigs. Well, you can imagine my surprise when I checked my cell phone and saw I had a message from them. The first thing I thought was "I think they have the wrong number", but after listening to the message, they didn't; they meant to call me...and it was for a SAG audition...a NATIONAL "Yahoo" SAG COMMERCIAL AUDITION!!!

I finally had an audition that, if I booked, I would be able to say I was a PAID working actor this year. I listened intently to what the character was:

"REAL TO SLIGHT CHARACTER LOOKING, INTERESTING FACE, GOOD FACIAL REACTIONS. REGULAR GUY. NOT OVERLY OUTDOOR-SY BUT NOT A COUCH POTATO EITHER. HAS AN INHERENT CURIOSITY ABOUT LIFE. **BALD, BALDING, PREMATURELY THINNING, MALE-PATTERN BALDNESS.** HE EATS AN EXOTIC PLANT AND GROWS HAIR."

Balding??? Really??? Me???

Was I so out of tune with what was going on with my hair that I didn't notice that my forehead had turned into a six-head? Or, worse yet; should I be shopping for Rogaine? I didn't think so, but who am I to turn down a paying gig, especially a "Yahoo" commercial. I have seen those in the past and thought they were hilarious.

Well, I went to the audition and realized once I walked into the lobby that I was not what they were looking for. Most of the men were extremely bald or at least didn't have any hair on the top of their heads. It was amazing how I felt good and bad at the same time; I had hair but I didn't think I was going to get the gig. None the less, I sucked it up and did the audition anyway. I would give myself an "A-" for the audition. I don't think I am going to get it, but at least I showed them that there are talented men out there with hair, and if they ever need one, I am there for them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home